First day of filming

 Hey guys! after weeks of planning it's finally time to film our opening to the short film. I filmed Stephanie's and Siena filmed Cassandra's since they were in two separate locations. I had some friends come over to my house to play the different characters. I had them dress in casual clothes according to the storyboard. I set up all the props and locations needed. I recorded while my friends played Stephanie and her mom. I couldn't find an adult to play the mom so I had my older sister do it. I was unsure if this would be realistic enough because my sister looks young. It took several takes for each scene to ensure that the acting was correct. It was difficult to get all the scenes in one day because the sun soon set. I tried to film as many as I could but I had to continue another day. This was an issue because I couldn't set a date that all the actors could agree on. I had to decide if I would reshoot some scenes with different actors or find a way to make time for everyone to meet for me to finish filming. After reviewing each scene I realized that I needed to reshoot a few to improve the quality of my video. I made sure to use several angles and movements to make the scenes as diverse as possible. I was able to film the scenes that took place at the front of the house and in the hallway. I will need to film the bedroom scenes as well as a few of the hallway scenes. I can't wait to tell you guys about what decisions I make. Thanks for reading and as always see you next time! Here is a picture of one of my lovely actors!


Comments

Popular Posts